Two opportunities to gather seeking God | Weekly Christian Newsletter for BHM Business Leaders
Weekly Christian Newsletter for BHM Business Leaders, a presentation of the ULECx Market
Two Opportunities to Pray for the Presidential Elections
Cry for America: An Election Prayer Gathering
Sunday, Nov 1, Birmingham, AL at E3 Embassy or virtual
The Cry for America Prayer Gathering is a non-partisan, scripture-based, Spirit-led prayer event… Register today!
ULECx Monday 10AM Live Podcast Call – November 2
A non-partisan, scripture-based, Spirit-led prayer call for Birmingham Business Leaders
Click or dial in using
or access on-demand from your favorite podcast player using the search term ULECx Podcast
Faith-driven Birmingham Business Leaders
Weekly Insight and Community Announcements
Candidates and Vendors for Hire
- Handyman available to help with your holiday preparations. Call Seth Hamby(ULECx) of Birmingham Fast Repairfor a reliable referral.
Careers and Opportunities available
- 2020 Second Chance Jefferson County Hiring Fair (Job Seekers) – Are you in need of a Second Chance and a Job or better Job? Then register for FREE for this Jefferson County Hiring Fair. We have Employers who are looking to hire qualified men and women who do have felony(ies) or misdemeanor(s) or both. This Hiring Fair will be held at the Birmingham Career Center on Monday, November 9th from 9am-12pm and Tuesday, November 10th from 9am-12pm. Ask Andy Blake of Workfaith for details (ULECx)
- Business Development Manager is needed by a large payroll / HR agency to cover the state of Alabama. Contact me Martin A. Briggs of (ULECx) for details and pre-interview.
- Front Office & Data Manager needed for Buildup Birmingham with Dr. Mark Martin. An awesome career working with a community with significant up potential.
- Skilled craftsman and general laborers needed for Restoration 1, Grace Klein Community, and Birmingham Fast Repair
- You can’t effectively defend your business from cyberattacks if you don’t know your enemy.But this doesn’t mean you should just accept defeat! By staying informed on cyber threats and what to look out for, you can be equipped to defend your business! Read more in the articleThe 6 Most Common Cyberattacksreleased byKen Sawyerof Sawyer Solutions (ULECx)
- Have you heard of Honeywood Valley?Honeywood is a luxurious and relaxing destination nestled on 895 acres in the foothills of the Appalachians. Just a 25-mile drive from downtown Birmingham, they are asanctuary in the woodsmeant to be enjoyed with few or many. Honeywood provides an unmatched escape and experience for those seeking an unforgettable getaway or special event. Honeywood Valley partners withThomas Cox of Table & Thyme (ULECx)for all catering and gourmet meal optionsthere
- What is a page builder? Have you ever tried to build a website using a pre-built theme and make it your own, only to end up feeling constrained to fit all your content into the theme? Check out this podcast release from .infomedia and speak with Clay Conner (ULECx) should you have web development questions
- November 5th A Greater Purpose WorkshopPurpose Workshop–A Greater Purpose Workshop is designed for business leaders to walk away with a deeper understanding of how to implement God’s design for ministry in and through their company. The interactive format includes instruction, peer learning, video resources, assessments, and implementable tools. Participants will explore the Biblical basis for work as worship with clear pathways to implement business as ministry principles. Lead byRussell Hadenof C12 (ULECx)
- November 16th Community Event with Eric Alexander– Eric has climbed the highest peaks on all seven continents, a feat known as the “Seven Summits”. More remarkably, in 2001 he helped his friend, Eric Weinheimer, become the first blind man to climb Mt. Everest. Presented byRob Geninof YBL (ULECx)
- November 9th and 10th–2020 Second Chance Jefferson County Hiring Fair (Job Seekers) – Are you in need of a Second Chance and a Job or better Job? Then register for FREE for this Jefferson County Hiring Fair. We have Employers who are looking to hire qualified men and women who do have felony(ies) or misdemeanor(s) or both. This Hiring Fair will be held at the Birmingham Career Center on Monday, November 9th from 9am-12pm and Tuesday, November 10th from 9am-12pm. AskAndy Blakeof Workfaith for details (ULECx)
Points of Passion
Andy Blakeof Workfaith (ULECx)sates at the end of September, WorkFaith Birmingham launched a new partnership with The WellHouse to provide workforce development for women graduating from their program. Our first workshop was filled with ladies that were eager to reenter the workforce and practice the skills that have empowered nearly 1,000 clients to date.
Russell Hadenof C12 (ULECx) shared two presidential election resources available to you. Voter information and resources CEOs can provide to ALL employeesregardless to faith and My Faith Votes an Election Eve Worship & Prayer virtual event
Check-in with Natalie Spronk (ULECx) of Grace Klein Community if you know of anyone needing help with Christmas or want to help families during Christmas.
Please complete the Speak UP surveyfor small business to help guide policy decisions affecting our community with the Federal Reserve Bank and Alabama Small Business Development. Listed by Martin A. Briggsof ULECx
Character & Leadership Development
- Richard E. Simmons III (IN) The Center of Executive Leadership states one of the best-selling books of non-fiction in the last fifty years was Dr. M. Scott Peck’s, The Road Less Traveled. The opening sentence of the book is “Life is Difficult.” Two paragraphs later he declares, “Life is a series of problems.”read more in Walking in the Darkness.
- Hear out Shawn Lovejoy of Courage To Lead (ULECx)4 key post-pandemic decisions to make his life, his relationships, his leadership and his organization better on the other side of this pandemic season. 11-minute podcast entitled Post Pandemic Decisions
- In a day like ours, when somany professing Christians seem to have no problem with continuing in habitual sins, which lead, on the one hand to despair and loss of hope of any progress in holiness; and on the other hand just giving into the sin which will enslave them, it is necessary that we learn tolive above the snake line. Al Baker of Reformed Evangelistic Fellowship (ULECx)
I hope you found these announcements and advice to be of great value to you!
co – CEO & Founder
200 Riverhills Business Park
Office Studios #235
Birmingham, AL 35242
“A new command I give you: Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples,
if you love one another.”
– John 13:34-35