The accompanying newsletter released Sunday 11-08-20
- The City of Birmingham, in partnership with IMC Financial Consulting, is offering free one-on-one assistance over the phone to address personal financial issues, identify immediate action steps to manage expenses and maximize income, and make referrals to other services such as utilities assistance, unemployment insurance eligibility and emergency loans. Subscribe to the City of Birmingham-Innovation and Economic Opportunity to get the latest news related to small business in Birmingham.
- What is a theme? Using a pre-built theme may seem like an attractive option when creating a website, but it’s not always as easy as it’s made out to be. Working with themes may look simple on the surface, but sites built with themes can often be tricky to manage and update. Check out this podcast release from .infomedia and speak with Clay Conner (ULECx) should you have web development questions
- November 9th and 10th 2020 Second Chance Jefferson County Hiring Fair (Job Seekers) – Are you in need of a Second Chance and a Job or better Job? Then register for FREE for this Jefferson County Hiring Fair. We have Employers who are looking to hire qualified men and women who do have felony(ies) or misdemeanor(s) or both. This Hiring Fair will be held at the Birmingham Career Center on Monday, November 9th from 9am-12pm and Tuesday, November 10th from 9am-12pm. Ask Andy Blake of Workfaith for details (ULECx)
- November 13th and 14th Courageous Hope for Hurting People This event is for people who are struggling with substance use disorder, stress, or other compulsive issues, anyone who just wants to live better, and all of the helpful individuals, families, and organizations who care about them. Presented by Steve Ward of Steps Ministries (ULECx)
- November 16th Community Event with Eric Alexander– Eric has climbed the highest peaks on all seven continents, a feat known as the “Seven Summits”. More remarkably, in 2001 he helped his friend, Eric Weinheimer, become the first blind man to climb Mt. Everest. Presented byRob Geninof YBL (ULECx)
- December 2nd Impact Leadership Conference is virtual this year. There is no doubt that 2020 has been trying, both personally and professionally. We find ourselves encountering challenges that we’ve never experienced and environments that have tested our organizations. In many cases, these challenges may have caused us to question our ability to lead.
- December 2 – 4th Legendary Leadership Experience 2020 at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. Many great business leaders from Birmingham including Duane P. Donner II of Founder Advisors (ULECx) credit Legendary as being an instrumental aspect of forming the foundation of their success. Avoid the trap of getting so focused on scaling your business you neglect to scale your legacy. It’s a mirage.
- A gift is often an act of kindness or a token of appreciation. Sometimes it’s also an encouraging vote of confidence—an exhortation to not give up hope. Lori Chambers at HOPE International (ULECx) this Christmas season, invites you to discover gifts that both honor your loved ones AND empower families in the wake of COVID-19. Learn more
- Give the Gift of a Jesus Storybook Bible. According to Natalie Spronk (ULECx) of Grace Klein Community is blessed to partner with Samford University and their internship program. Their third intern, Hilary, has such a heart for children! She is sponsoring a fundraiser to purchase the Jesus Storybook Bible for 100 children.
- Handyman available to help with your holiday preparations. Call Seth Hamby(ULECx) of Birmingham Fast Repairfor a reliable referral.
- 2020 Second Chance Jefferson County Hiring Fair (Job Seekers) – Are you in need of a Second Chance and a Job or better Job? Then register for FREE for this Jefferson County Hiring Fair. We have Employers who are looking to hire qualified men and women who do have felony(ies) or misdemeanor(s) or both. This Hiring Fair will be held at the Birmingham Career Center on Monday, November 9th from 9am-12pm and Tuesday, November 10th from 9am-12pm. Ask Andy Blake of Workfaith for details (ULECx)
- Business Development Manager is needed by a large payroll / HR agency to cover the state of Alabama. Contact me Martin A. Briggs of (ULECx) for details and pre-interview.
- Front Office & Data Manager needed for Buildup Birmingham with Dr. Mark Martin. An awesome career working with a community with significant up potential.
- Richard E. Simmons III (IN) The Center of Executive Leadership quoted Carl Richards: “Micro-actions, done repeatedly over a very long time, compound into massive results.”. in his latest blog post Continuous Improvement
- According to Briana Dudley of BP Dudley & Associate (ULECx) in her recent article Identifying the Keys to Human Motivation motivation is a process that redirects our behaviors and actions to achieve a specific outcome. –
- According to Steve Ward of Steps Ministries (ULECx) 75% of high school students will use an addictive substance, and 90% of people with addiction start before the age of 18. Moms and Dads want their kids to be safe. But do they have a plan for how to be the best parent they can be? Gain more details here.
co – CEO & Founder
200 Riverhills Business Park
Office Studios #235
Birmingham, AL 35242
“A new command I give you: Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples,
if you love one another.”